Facebook Collaborative Ads, also known as CPAS, enables brands to collaborate with e-commerce platforms like Shopee, Lazada, etc. to drive traffic and sales via Facebook Ads.
Through this partnership, e-commerce platforms will be able to share the catalog data from the brand’s store with the brand’s Facebook Business Manager.
With the catalog setup, brands can advertise on Facebook using collaborative ads, drive traffic to the brand’s product page on the e-commerce platform (e.g. Shopee), and track orders, conversions.
Without the CPAS partnership, brands are unable to insert pixels into the e-commerce platforms hence online sales performance can’t be tracked.
Here are the benefits of CPAS:
- Conversion Tracking: Conversions can be tracked via pixels shared by the platform.
- Dynamic Ads: Products can be personalized and featured dynamically to users.
- Land at Product Page in App: Able to direct users to the product page in-app with deep links.
- Optimization for Conversion: Ads can be optimized using lower-funnel conversion data.
- Audience Re-targeting: Able to re-target specific audiences who have interacted before.
In a nutshell, online sales campaigns can be improved via shared audience data and conversion tracking. For example, Shopee provides CPAS audience sharing like the below to facilitate precise targeting.
Obviously, Shopee and Lazada are the leading e-commerce platforms in this part of the world. Read on to find out how to get on board and set up the CPAS.
Before you start, the brand (or the appointed agency) needs to first apply to Shopee or Lazada and get enrolled. There is a minimum ad spend commitment and investment required subject to respective platforms.
How to get on board to run CPAS with Shopee / Lazada?
Step 1: Share ad account access with Shopee / Lazada
You need to have the Facebook Business Manager and set up an ad account dedicated to CPAS ads. Assign partner* to share the ad account access with Shopee / Lazada.
Step 2: Accept the catalog shared by Shopee / Lazada
Your Business Manager admin will receive a notification once the catalog is shared with your brand. Accept it and assign catalog permissions to your team members.
Step 3: Grant ad account access to users
After accepting the catalog, you will be prompted to create a new ad account. Skip that and use the existing ad account you created earlier, then grant account access to your team members.
Step 4: Share Facebook page access with Shopee / Lazada
By default, the ad will be shown under Shopee / Lazada FB page. Assign partner* to share your brand FB page access with Shopee / Lazada so that the ads will be originated from your brand page instead.
* You need to get the partner ID from either Shopee or Lazada.
How to create CPAS ads with Shopee / Lazada?
Step 1: Create your product sets
The purpose here is to create product sets for you to run ads later. Select the catalog shared with you, and create product sets by criteria. You can filter and select by individual product, brand, or category.
Note: Facebook recommends setting at least 50 SKUs in your product sets so that your dynamic ads can be optimized with more data.
Step 2: Create your campaign
Depending on whether you intend to drive sales from new or past customers, you can set either “Catalog Sales” or “Conversion” as your campaign objective.
As illustrated below, “Catalog Sales” is for dynamic ads with Carousel or Collection ad format, while you can set website URL or app deep-link for the “Conversion” campaign.
Step 3: Track your campaign
This is the whole purpose of running CPAS ads, isn’t it? Best to specify and track conversion events like add to cart, initiate checkout, purchase, etc. to measure your return of ad spend.
10 tips to optimize CPAS campaign
1. Set a wider audience for the prospecting campaign.
2. Optimize for lower-funnel events like view content, add to cart, purchase instead of link clicks.
3. Set conversion window of 7 days click or 1 day viewing after the ad.
4. Opt for automatic placements for media efficiency.
5. Avoid micro-segmenting product catalogs to less than 50 SKUs.
6. Set auto-bid (lowest-cost bidding strategy).
7. Recommended campaign duration of 3-4 weeks with at least USD40 budget per day.
8. Start running the campaign at least 2 weeks prior to the big sale campaign.
9. Optimize for view content on prospecting, purchase on re-targeting.
10. Split ad sets by objective (prospecting or re-targeting) and apply CBO for campaigns.
This is it, a general guide on how to set up Facebook CPAS with e-commerce platforms like Shopee or Lazada. Contact the e-commerce platform directly for detailed and updated step-by-step instructions.
If this is too technical for you, work with a Meta Business Partner so that you can focus on curating the marketing campaigns for your brand.