Filmmakers, actors and production companies rejoice! The Malaysian government has announced that filming activities can now finally resume operations in the RMCO (also known as PKPP in Malay).
Before you set your next video production in Malaysia, make sure you are aware of the SOPs to comply with to ensure the safety of all your crew and talents on set amidst the threat of COVID-19.
Read on as we list out the 25 video production guidelines released by FINAS, the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia.
According to the statement by FINAS, shooting is still allowed during the 2nd CMCO in the red zones, but you are required to get the approval letter from PDRM if you need to travel cross-district for video production.
1. Talent auditions and pre-production meetings to be done via video conferencing / digitally.
2. Comply with the Licensing Procedures and Regulations under the FINAS Act (Act 244).
3. Monitor body temperature and Covid-19 symptoms daily before filming begins.
4. Production crew who are unwell are not allowed to participate in filming.
5. Appoint a Health Safety Supervisor.
7. Download the MySejahtera App.
8. Have a minimal number of production crew depending on the location of the shoot.
9. Always wear a facemask when shooting (except in scenes).
10. Scenes involving physical contact are not allowed.
11. Rearrange shooting schedule to avoid over-crowding.
12. Makeup tools cannot be shared among talents (a separate set must be used for each talent).
13. Always practice social distancing of at least 1 meter.
14. Prepare hand sanitizers on shooting set.
15. Makeup artists must wear face masks and face shield when doing makeup for talents.
16. Makeup artists and production crew must wash hands frequently with soap or sanitizer.
17. Talent’s outfits/wardrobes must be washed and disinfected and cannot be shared among each other.
18. Clean and disinfect shooting equipment before and after each use.
19. Interviews or interactions with fans and the public are not allowed on set.
20. Set up a Covid-19 Emergency Response Protocol Committee.
21. Meals prepared must be individual packaging and takeaway. Buffet is not allowed.
22. Production crew who are unwell must be referred to a clinic or hospital.
23. Clean and disinfect production vehicles regularly after each usage.
Note: This SOP List is updated as of 5 June 2020, you can also refer to the Malay version here.
Meanwhile, keep yourself updated with the latest news and developments related to the film industry at the FINAS website.